Thursday, January 31, 2008

Random Stuff

Well, it's been a really long time since I walked out of a job interview feeling as good as I did today. Let's all hope I'm not delusional and it really did go as well as I think it did. Won't hear anything until next week......

In the meantime, the book I read yesterday morning, The History of Lucy's Love Life in Ten and a Half Chapters was absolutely and totally hilarious. I highly recommend it!!!!!!!

So, of course, I have to ask the question: If you had a time machine and could go back and spend a day & night talking with and having sex with any three historical figures, who would you pick? I'm thinking of posting a poll on Craigslist as well and will share the results with you later if they are interesting.

Me? Man, I'm having a hard time picking!
  • Albert Einstein is pretty up there.
  • Mozart?
  • King Henry V (not the VIII - yuck!),
  • Casanova?
  • Michaelangelo?
  • I briefly considered Shakespeare, but he was pretty awful to Anne and what if you went back for Shakespeare and discovered he was just a front for Marlowe after all? He's also not the most attractive of men.....
  • Shelley? Percy & Mary AT THE SAME TIME!!! I think at least one romantic poet should be in there.....
  • Oh, Blake! Except for the whole insanity thing.....
  • Peter the Great?
  • Dante?
  • Galileo?
  • Julius Caesar?
  • Plato?
  • Aristotle?
  • Jesus?

It's kinda hard not to consider some women as well..... Helen of Troy? Cleopatra? Catherine the Great?

So many choices, huh? It's a fun game to play.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You chose all brainiacs, Susan. No 'historical studs' at all on that list. Really, EINSTEIN?? I don't think smart always means sexy... Certainly, sexy doesn't always mean smart. If you're just talking about having sex, go for sexy!