Friday, February 1, 2008

Other People's Blogs

Of course, since starting my own, I've been randomly surfing other people's blogs. A lot of people are doing some really creative stuff out there. And a lot of people are not.

At first I was really, really struck by how many Brazilians have blogs. Who knew? Page after page with 'de Janeiro' on it somewhere as I was skimming along. One page finally caught my eye with some cool photography and I realized it was the DATE (of January), not the place. '31 de Janeiro 2008' and I somehow kept thinking Rio.

I'm feeling sheepish.

Isn't it interesting how some things can embarrass us, even when we are all alone and know one knows?

The other I noticed is that a lot of people have a lot more pictures and many of them are quite good. And many of them are not. So, here's a pic I like, just because.


The mural on the stairway of Karolyn's apartment in Prague.
Imagine getting to see that every day when you get home!
I admit to some laziness and anti-climax feelings today after the big round of job interviews -- despite applying for a couple of new things this morning, I'm pretty much feeling as if I'm just waiting around hoping to hear and it's vaguely irritating. I'm pretty much just killing time this morning. Blech. I'm going to go read a book.

No comments: