Thursday, March 6, 2008

Damn You, Jason Castro!

Damn you for singing Hallelujah on American Idol Tuesday night. I vaguely remember hearing that song sometime before, but now I'm obsessed. I thought if I listened to it a couple of times I'd be able to let it go, so I got an exquisite 9-minute live version from Jeff Buckley's first album off iTunes, but I only want to listen to it more. Over and over and over and over again. When I'm not listening to it, I'm hearing it in my head. When it is done playing, I hit the back button and listen again. I'm making up errands so I can drive my car and listen to that stupid song since I have no other way of playing my iPod.

I've tried listening to something else. I've tried singing something else. I've tried watching TV. I've tried reading. I've tried cooking. I've tried eating. I've tried exercising. But no, it's been two days and I can't get that song out of my head. I'm obsessed and it's starting to get annoying. I woke up at 2am with that song in my head.

Damn you, Jason.

And damn you too for being so darn cute, but only 20 years old. I hate you now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan, you need to get back on the wagon and start writing again! you are so funny.
Damn Jason Castro, indeed!
love meg

Anonymous said...

Well, I have finally caught up on my reading of your blog and now need you to start writing .....

glad and happy for you....