Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hurray! Happy First Paycheck Day!

It's kind of 1/2 a paycheck, for just the first week of work, but still... Hurray for me! Money coming in!!!! I realized that it's been since 1986 that I worked in a state without state income taxes taken out. And I'm not eligible for the 401K for another couple of months. So, not so many deductions makes a noticeable difference.

Still trying to settle into a routine. The "orientation/training" period is winding down, but my group moved offices, so yesterday afternoon was all about packing and this morning was all about unpacking (and finding the bathrooms, etc.), so continue to feel pretty disoriented. Plus, now I'm sitting next to five different guys (yes, they are all guys), so I'm trying to get used to their rhythms. Haven't figured out my niche yet or started doing any real work, so it's weird.

And, no, still don't feel much like writing.... either early in the mornings or when I get home. Have very, very mixed feelings about trying to "force" myself to write. On one hand, don't want to avoid it out of laziness or fear. On the other hand, don't want to make it a chore that I have to do but don't enjoy. Where's the balance? Still working it out.

Lovely weather this evening, though, which makes everything seem easier and simpler. So we'll see.

Later People.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have come to realize that most of the times that I have posted comments here they made no sence. I wonder sometimes if I talk that way as well. It would explane alot of the strange looks I get. could be the hair cut though.....

Finding a balance in life is one of the most importand and one of the most difficult things we all go through. we all feel ya sis, stick to it though because the rewards can be great......love

SEL - I am Resolute said...

All of your comments make perfect "sence" to me, but maybe that's 'cause we're related..... but what happened to your spelling, dude?

Ha ha. Much love!

PS - this is Mike, right?